Sunday, May 01, 2005

Where Is My Muse?

Work this past winter and spring was mucho and stresssful, and has left me drained and non-inspired. I know some are still visiting my site and I thank you. We are quickly moving into summer here in south Louisiana. The lawn is starting to grow quickly again, the heat has started to climb. Oh joy, can't wait until the mercury reaches the upper 90s and the humidity is above that. This weekend though, we had quite a rain storm come through and it actually cooled things down a bit. It was a nice afternoon today, the kids were content to relinguish their minds to the animated brain suckers on TV, my wife Kelli was finally tackling the mess in her car. Earlier I had spied what I thought was a nice patch of blackberries so I set off on the bike. Much to my delight the ride paid off and I was able to pick a quart bag in little time. Somewhere in the back of my mind, while I was picking mother nature's treasure, I couldn't help but think that I probably would have to pay for this easy haul with a visit from the dreaded "red bug". That's right....CHIGGERS. If you haven't suffered from these evil little critters consider yourself lucky. I won't go into details, but lets just say they like dark, warm areas where your clothing is tight, moving from the feet up. I showered and soaped up several times and hopefully washed all the vermin off. Time will tell. Here is what may be crawling up my leg this very moment. Click the bug for more info.



Oh well...bring on the blackberry cobbler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home